Tuesday, October 20, 2009

On the List of Approved Candidates!

The big news this week is that I have been successful in getting on the list of Approved Parliamentary Candidates for the Liberal Democrats. This means I can now apply to seats to run for parliament.

Last week I was in Eastbourne for a day of evaluation sessions - it was hard going and I thought I had just run short - so was delighted to discover, while checking emails on a borrowed lap top in a pub in Bayeux (don't ask) that I was successful.

So now to find a seat to contest and I am hoping to get the chance to be the candidate for my local constituency, Sittingbourne and Sheppey. This is of course up to my local party, and we meet for our AGM next month.

Our current MP, Derek Wyatt (Labour) is stepping down and the Labour candidate will be announced next month. The strong front runner is the Conservative Gordon Henderson who only has to overturn a majority of 79. There will probably be a Loony running (or I should say another Loony as UKIP and BNP might also be up for it).

Anyway, it should be fun. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment