- Mike Whiting (Conservative) 3,982
- Alan Willicombe (Conservative) 3,849
- Roger Truelove (Labour) 2,665
- Ghlin Whelan (Labour) 2,168
- Dave Manning (Liberal Democrat) 1,904
- Keith Nevols (Liberal Democrat) 1,594
- Sheikh Mihand (Official Monster Raving Loony) 566
Turnout - 33.4%
Considering we did no work in this ward, this was not too bad a result. Dave got 11.4% and I got 9.5%. As expected, long-time local councillor Roger Truelove lost his seat. In fact the Conservatives held five and gained two - so they now have all seven county council seats in Swale.
Despite our small numbers, we did a good campaign in our target ward - Swale West - where we increased our vote from 19.5% to 28.9% - although still well behind the Tories. Overall in Swale the Conservative vote percentage has been virtually identical to 2005 with Labour's vote crumbling and going to the smaller parties.
The whole experience of leafleting, canvassing and 'knocking up' was tiring but has been quite fun.