Thursday, February 11, 2010

Championing the ordinary people of Sittingbourne and Sheppey

Last week I made my debut on the web site of Derek Wyatt MP.

‘Keith Nevols is the Lib Dem candidate for the next election; as yet he has no web site or iPhone application. He lives locally and this is his first attempt to win a seat; he has never been a local councillor either’.

Brief and to the point. And indeed all true. Our MP is very proud of his iPhone application (it often appears in the local press) so his looking down on those who don’t have one is not surprising.

Yes, I have not been much involved in politics previously. My Conservative and Labour opponents are both very experienced local politicians. But when half of all MPs are moving on, many under a cloud, do we want to replace them with MORE politicians?

I am just an ordinary guy in the street. I live in a semi-detached in Milton Regis, I work in an office, I shop at Asda, I drink beer and I watch football. Yet I have received a large amount of correspondence from people (yes, Derek, Gordon, Angela. Ordinary people like me) who have lost faith with local and national politicians and want someone instead to look after their own interests.

I help if I can but I will be able to help even better if I am an MP. I hope the people of Sittingbourne and Sheppey will give me that chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment